Heating / Air Conditioning
Porsche 986 Boxster / S 1997-04
Porsche 987 Boxster / S 2005-08
Porsche 987 Boxster / S 2009-12
Porsche 987C Cayman / S 2005-08
Porsche 987C Cayman / S 2009-12
Porsche 996 1998-05 All models
Porsche 997.2 Carrera / Turbo 2009-13
Porsche Carrera GT 2004-06
Click 'Zoom in' for large parts diagram.
Diagram ref no 27
- Porsche Boxster 986 2.5L 1997-99
- Porsche Boxster 986 2.7L 1999-02
- Porsche Boxster S 986 3.2L 1999-02
- Porsche Boxster 986 2.7L 2003-04
- Porsche Boxster S 986 3.2L 2003-04
- Porsche Boxster 987 2.7L 2005 -08/08
- Porsche Boxster 987 3.2/3.4L 2005-08/08
- Porsche Boxster 987 MKII 2.9L 2009-2012
- Porsche Boxster S 987 MKII 3.4L 2009-2012
- Porsche 996 C2 3.4L 1997-08/01
- Porsche 996 C4 3.4L 1997-08/01
- Porsche 996 C2 3.6L 09/01-2005
- Porsche 996 C4 3.6L 09/01-2005
- Porsche 996 C4S 3.6L 09/01-2005
- Porsche 996 TURBO 2000-05
- Porsche 996 GT2 2001-05
- Porsche 996 GT3 MKI 1999-02
- Porsche 996 GT3 MKII 2003>>
- Porsche 996 GT3 RS 2003-04
- Porsche 997 MKII Carrera C2 3.6L 2009>>
- Porsche 997 MKII Carrera C4 3.6L 2009>>
- Porsche 997 MKII Carrera C2S 3.8L 2009>>
- Porsche 997 MKII Carrera C4S 3.8L 2009>>
- Porsche 997 MKII Turbo 2009>>
- Porsche Cayman 2.7L 987C 2006-08
- Porsche Cayman S 3.4L 987C 2005-08
- Porsche Cayman 2.9L 987C MKII 2009-12
- Porsche Cayman S 3.4L 987C MKII 2009-12
- Porsche Carrera GT
Air conditioning is often times something that we all take for granted, we all expect to get in our Porsches and be able to adjust the temperature to our liking at the flick of a switch.
However, once it stops working to its full potential we quickly notice. Having working Airconditions is very important for the overall comfort of driving your Porsche. We offer a wide range of AC and Heating Parts in order to keep your Porsche heating and Air Conditioning working all year round.
How long does a car's air conditioning normally last?
Most vehicle manufacturers recommend that you service or regas your cars air conditioning system every 1-2 years. There are some vehicles with air-con units that can go for more than 5 years without needing to regassed. Even so, it is recommendable that you service the unit due to the compressor.
A fully-functioning air conditioning system can make a huge difference to your enjoyment of your Porsche, particularly during the summer, so it is well worth having it properly maintained
Common reasons for aircon failure include low gas, perforated hoses/pipes, and corroded condensers. All those problems can be solved, but costs for the repairs vary depending on the precise issue and the model of your Porsche.
How often should I check my Heating and AC System?
As the sun starts to come bearing down on us all in earnest this summer, the one thing absolutely none of us would appreciate is our car’s air conditioning failing.
To avoid the discomfort and inconvenience of a faulty air-con unit in your vehicle, you should be sure to book it in to be serviced regularly. But how often should you get your car’s air-con checked?
As the level of gas in your Porsche’s aircon goes down (whether it’s due to natural leakage or a problem), the efficiency and effectiveness of the system declines. If the level falls low enough it will lead to the total loss of in-cabin cooling and may also result in the failure of some system components.You should consider allowing Design 911 to service your Porsches Heating and AC System every 12-24 months.
If a major fault is spotted during a service, you will need to book it in to be repaired. A service is for systems in relatively good condition – repairs will need to be carried out separately. You will be notified before any repair work is carried out as it may incur extra costs, which you would need to green light.